Monday, October 18, 2010

Practice Film Making

Today we studied Practical Film Making. After we learned about basic media terms for example: Conventions and Stereotypes. We borrowed our school Camcorder and practiced some shooting. This helped us to learn how to use a camera properly. After becoming familiar with our "tool" we decided it was time for some action. My past concept of "Film Making" was proven wrong when I started shooting for real.. It was much easier and more interesting than I thought it would be. We made a rough film. It was based on one of the most familiar concepts we could think of, the film is about a bully getting scolded by the school principal. I played the bully while my friend Daniyal Qureshi starred as the school principal. It was a pleasant experience to finally star in a short-film. After some debating with the various members of my group about which shots should be taken, where Kamran Shahnawaz and I had totally different opinions about what would work. Finally we were able to arrive at  a mutual agreement and start shooting. After editing, we all (the group) sat down and watched "our production". Our teacher pointed out some basic mistakes. We swiftly noted these down so that we don't do them again. Our group's name is "MEDIATRONICS PRODUCTION". I hope that my upcoming classes in the future will be as enjoyable and entertaining as today's class.

Saad

No comments:

Post a Comment